Tuesday, August 4, 2009

oops...

okay, so if you know me, you know i'm not good with heat. let alone cooking in general. but i've done it before! i mean, putting popcorn in the microwave is NOT that hard, but still, somehow it gets harder when you really have to pee! and i mean it was like a my-bladder-is-about-to-explode kind of pee.

my sister whom me, my friend, and my brother were babysitting wanted some popcorn. my brother and my friend were upstairs and i was downstairs with her. she wanted popcorn. i had to pee, as i said before. i scanned the bag as fast as i could for a number. i will never again just scan a bag of popcorn for a number lol. i shall read the whole bag! i saw the number 3. i did not see the 'less than' before that number.

now, afterwards everyone was just like 'you could have gone to pee before you put it in!' but i'm book smart. not common sense smart, as people like to say. but yeah. i went to pee and when i came out 3 minutes later, there was no popcorn. there was a smoke-filled kitchen and a charred popcorn bag that was seconds away from flames, as i learned later from my mom when she arrived home complaining about the stench/:

it was taken care of lol my favorite part was that we don't have a smoke alarm. he he...probably should get one of those. but yes. it was only a matter of time until i did something that clutzy.

yupp. i almost burnt my house down in just 3 minutes. it takes skill(;

2 comments:

  1. Burnt popcorn is the worst!

    Thanks for commenting on my Caption This post! I put you up as an honorable mention!

    Your blog is cool! You write amazingly well =) Keep it up!

    Oh and if you want to be a featured friend, just let me know! I can put you up on a Tuesday in September. I would ask 3 questions and then have you pick 3 favorite posts to share. My email is in my profile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either do it properly or don't do it at all. ;P I bet everyone who's ever used a kitchen has done something like that at some stage, though.

    ReplyDelete